J-School Buzz is a student-run blog about the Missouri School of Journalism that publishes content without prior review from journalism school faculty. It was created in October 2010 by Founder and Publisher David Teeghman.
This is a blog for all types of news about the J-School, from light-hearted and fun to the occasional serious and profound. JSB is a student voice for news at the Missouri School of Journalism. This blog will always have a distinct “voice” in its content, as we blend original reporting and analysis in every blog post.
JSB strives to be an entertaining and informative blog about the Missouri School of Journalism. The content published on JSB is the news we believe J-Schoolers want to know, discuss and dissect.
JSB Editors operate this blog out of a commitment to keeping this journalism school as one of the best in the world. That commitment is expressed through questions and careful examination, with the hope that this blog will only improve the Missouri School of Journalism. JSB wants this J-School to be known as the kind of place that fosters the entrepreneurial spirit and innovation that is more important now than ever in journalism.
Social Media Editor
Beth Anne Carroll
Founder & Publisher
We are always looking for new contributors who can publish content on a regular basis. If you want to become a contributor, or just have a tip, email us at Tips@JSchoolBuzz.com.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
- Reblog us on Tumblr
- Stalk JSB on Foursquare
- Add JSB to your RSS Reader
Unsolicited praise for J-School Buzz
- “The only hyperlocal student blog within collegemediatopia of any significance.”
- “The greatest blog in all the land.”
- “We’re impressed.“
- “JSB does a better job in journalistic techniques and possesses more journalistic integrity than does the school-sponsored and state-funded journalistic newspaper, The Maneater.”
- “J-School Buzz, the hip and happening blog focused with hyperlocal intensity on the Mizzou journalism school.”
- “This ‘J-School Buzz’ thing is pretty great.”
- “This University of Missouri J-School blog is brilliant.”
- Looks like J-School Buzz is “my new favorite website.”
- I’m “in love with your site.”
- Great blog. As a Stony Brook journalism professor, I think Mizzou J-School is lucky to have you, though your administration may disagree. Keep up the good work.
- “The J-School seniors that run it are intelligent and witty people…what I love about this website is that while utilizing sarcasm, it refutes gossip, stereotypes and accurately reports on the news.”
We would like to thank the Duffy Fund for generously awarding J-School Buzz a $250 grant that allows us to host this website on private servers. Named after legendary Columbia Missourian editor Tom Duffy and established by his former colleagues and students, the Duffy Fund is meant to finance ambitious journalistic projects. The committee that decided to award us this grant is made up of David Rees, Amanda Hinnant and Scott Swafford.